Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Castro Burn In Hell is dead! Long Live Castro Burn In Hell!

So, we’ve started over. A new look, a new name, and a new server. Why the change? Why the hell not?!
Seriously though, the name change is something I’ve been considering since December, back before I completely lost interest. And the move to BlogSpot was done due to the fact that I’m sick of paying for this crap.
So what motivated me to come out of my self imposed exile, you ask? So many things have happened since January, Thompson dropping out, McCain getting the Republican Nomination, the Obama-Hillary slap fight, and yet none of that really seemed to motivate me. It was this line that got me out of my doldrums:

"We will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth."

Wow. I heard this line, and felt energized. This man is more full of himself than any Democrat I’ve ever heard of, and that’s saying something. Talk about believing your own hype! I bet he goes out to his backyard pool every night to see if he can walk on water yet. And the Obama Cargo Cultists just keep goading him on. How can I possibly sit this out? This is comic gold here!
Well, let’s just say it inspired me, so now I’m back, whether you like it or not. And I’ve brought most of the old stuff back with me. I’ve been able to recover just about everything from Castro Burn In Hell up to August 11, 2007. They’ve all been added to the archives, and I hope to have them more organized shortly. Not that anyone cares.
I’m expecting that this time out that, although we’re still a right wing political humor blog, we’re going to throw some other stuff in the mix as well, to keep it interesting. To me, anyway. In any case, welcome to Shotgun!!! When in doubt, take a shotgun to it!
Or something like that.

No comments: