Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I’m Gonna Give You Thirty Days To Burn In Hell

Saddam’s death sentence has been upheld by Iraq’s highest appeals court. He must be hung within thirty days. Now if Castro can just time his death to coincide with Saddam’s, this could be the biggest party ever!
Interestingly, one of Saddam’s lawyers has filed an appeal with the U.S. District Court in DC to have his execution overturned on humanitarian grounds. Forgive me if I’m confused, but exactly what jurisdiction does a US court have in Iraq? Does that mean if I get a traffic ticket that I don’t want to pay, I can appeal it to a court in Kazakhstan?
And the lawyer’s appeal may be thrown out on the grounds that he isn’t a member of the DC bar. As opposed to the fact that he’s a freakin’ moron? This sounds to me like one of two things: either some weird PR move by the lawyer, or an attempt to drum up support for Saddam among the truly brain-dead sector of the moonbat class (as opposed to the larger, mostly-brain dead sector).

No comments: