Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Do The Curtains Match The Drapes?

Democrats are so convinced that it’s curtains for the Republican majority in congress, that they’ve already begun working up their post victory governance plans. Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Homorabia) says that when she’s speaker she can “have any suite I want”, and has already mapped out her first hundred hours. Charlie Rangel (D-Arkham Asylum) is already booking speaking events about his upcoming tenure as chairman of Ways and Means.The President sees things a little differently. "The Democrats have made a lot of predictions. Matter of fact, I think they may be measuring the drapes," Bush said yesterday. "If their electoral predictions are as reliable as their economic predictions, Nov. 7th is going to be a good day for the Republicans." Personally, I agree with the President; it ain’t over till the fat lady sings, and, as scary as Nancy Pelosi is, she’s not very fat. Don’t expect to be doing too much singing on election night, Nancy. I’m predicting the Donks gain 12 in the House, and 3 in the Senate. It’ll narrow the Republican’s majority, but won’t be enough to hand it over to the Donks.
Of course, I could be wrong. Charlie Rangel says that if the Donks don’t take congress this cycle, he’s resigning. (Yeah, right, like that’ll ever happen.) I say, if the party of cut and run takes congress, I solemnly swear to stock up on as much ammo as I can for when the troops come home and the terrorists follow. Now THAT’S a promise you can bank on.

No comments: